Monday 5 May 2014

What being in a band does to some people...

It has come to my close attention that a bands personal life is getting in the way of their musical ability, recently you wouldn't really compare the two or even comment on them because it's their own personal life, but when it actually affects the music your produce then there's another story.

Again this is not one of my typical reviews but I feel strongly about this topic and how mistreated it is, just passed to the side like it's normal, but why should it be considered normal?
After the whole Ian Watkins case, things have been a bit blown up and sensitive, but it has only seemed to expose many more bands who have done similar things. Not saying that it's the WHOLE band, because in many cases it's just a few members or so, but it does seem to reflect an overall view which isn't a good one.

Not trying to justify what Ian did, but there are so many other band members who have come close to things Ian had done, the fact that they haven't yet gotten caught is another thing. Just because we don't actually know what is happening inside of the tour van doesn't mean that it's all good.

Recently being updated with some information about a few band members who have truly sickened me to the bone with stories and attitudes they have towards their so called "fans" and girls in general is sickening.
Of course it's not ALL the guys fault, because it does take two, but as an adult you should know what's right and what's wrong. You should be the leader and not portraying such a dirty influence onto your fans and abusing them. You may argue "oh I didn't know she was underage" but when you see her in her school uniform and THEN drop her off to school the next morning after you've had a shag, well then there's a whole new story. (This actually happened)
The fact that they seem to think just because they're famous, successful (I beg to differ), rich and apparently good looking that they can get anyone they want, yet they chose underage silly school girls shocks me.

When this is a reoccurring thing, as in happening more than a few times is when it becomes serious. It becomes an actual problem that needs to stop. Now I'm only generalising this to guys because I've never known any female members to do it (however I'm sure there are some cases) but the craze of having sex with underage fans is becoming way to popular.

I'm not going to name and shame anyone because it is their private lives and I wouldn't really want to expose that but if it goes get out of hand, I won't hesitate, I just think that this is a topic which is not taken seriously in this world as it's only "a bit of fun", it maybe fun to you, but how fun would it be locked up in jail for 35 years? Just ask Ian eh?

But seriously guys sort your shit out, because silly little mistakes you make now will certainly affect your future.

(My rant articles are not to be taken with offence but are to be made serious, my work is relatively kept to a professional standard.)





No comments:

Post a Comment